Why we're here.

A creative writing blog by Shawn M Klimek / 'X': @shawnmklimek
(All rights reserved)

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Creative Writing News for Early February 2024

 


During a protracted rewrite of my science-fiction story, Holly Has a Hunch, I composed a thousand-word prologue that loosely inspired the AI image above. It was meant as backstory, to assist me in drawing the main story to a sound and logical conclusion. The "backstory" is entertaining, but I have yet to finish the main story.

Last week, I woke up having dreamed up a pretty solid Western story, worth developing for waking readers, though it naturally needed some revisions. While driving for hours and hours across The Republic of Korea this past weekend with my wife, I worked out the needed changes and finished composing the whole plot to my satisfaction. Now, I just need to write it.

I haven't written a lot, lately: one new poem, and one new drabble, both of which were submitted to exactly one publisher each, and both rejected. 

Conversely, two pieces both written more than a year ago have been accepted for publication by non-paying publishers. I'm glad for some news in a positive direction, however meager.

The latest acceptance is a reprint of my humorous poem, "On Her Deathbed, Aunty Rose", first published by Dastaan World Magazine. It will be published next on "Spillwords". I'll share a link when it becomes available.



No comments:

Post a Comment